I’ll admit … initially I didn’t recognize the woman pictured above. I was in utter shock after reading that THIS high fashion glamazon was former Disney star and singer-turned-rapper, Miley Cyrus. That’s right, featured in W Magazine’s March 2014 issue.
I love everything about the cover; from the blonde bob, nearly invisible eyebrows, to the nudity, tattoos, and of course those wrists and fingers dripping in diamond jems. This image of Miley is refreshing, and lead me to take a dive into her personal story.
Reading interviews are always interesting because they give a different perspective into someone else’s life, thoughts, and actions. The interviewee, when given the right opportunity, has a chance to express themselves and give a little history as to why they are, the way they are. Our world is so judgmental. Some of us may argue that those who choose to live in the spotlight should know and understand that lack of privacy comes with the territory. Increasingly harsh criticism is another “perk” of being in the limelight.
After reading Miley’s interview conducted by W’s Ronan Farrow, here are five things I learned about Miley:
1. As far as her “scandolous” image goes, Miley explained,
“I just don’t get what half the girls are wearing. Everyone to me seems like Vanna White. I’m trying to tell girls, like, ‘Fuck that. You don’t have to wear makeup. You don’t have to have long blonde hair and big titties. That’s not what it’s about. It’s, like, personal style.’ I like that I’m associated with sexuality and the kind of punk-rock shit where we just don’t care….”
2. Dolly Parton is Cyrus’ god mother. Who knew?
3. At the end of 2013, she was the most Googled person in America.
4. She makes two great points, “Anyone that hates on you is always below you, because they’re just jealous of what you have.” Secondly, a very relateable statement, “I have a lot of people that I could call and hang out with, but I have very few friends if that makes sense.”
5. She’s slow to listen and quick to talk. But is genuinely passionate about her music. Which reminds me that I need to take a listen to her latest album, Bangerz. Have you heard it?
Check out the rest of the photos from the spread below! Hotness.
(Alexander McQueen top, her own earrings)
(Balmain jumpsuit, her own earrings, plus a little nip slip)
(Makeup: Dior Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup in Cameo, 3 Couleurs Glow in Ivory Glow, Diorshow Iconic Mascara in black, and Addict Lipstick in Pink Chérie)
Although entertaining and inspiring as far as sticking to who she is, it is clear that Miley is still misunderstood. To read the entire article you can visit W Magazine’s website here.
What are your thoughts on Miley’s new image?