It’s about that time that I do an update on my night time natural hair routine! In my last post (almost a year ago), my hair was shorter, blonde, and I was using a different set of products. Here’s my update:
I still use the same two-strand twist technique. Depending on how I want my curls, I’ll alternate between making the sections bigger or smaller. In the pictures above, I went with slightly larger sections.
1. I wash my hair with Mixed Chicks shampoo and follow up with the Mixed Chicks leave-in deep conditioner (from the No Frizz Trio set). I let that sit in my hair for 5-10 minutes, comb it through, and then rinse.
2. I towel dry so that my hair is still a little damp, and apply a decent sized scoop of the Mizani Moisture Stretch throughout (Mizani Perfect Curl (below) and Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner are two other favs of mine to use).
3. After two-strand twisting my hair section by section, it ends up being in about 15 twists total on the top. I leave the back and sides of my hair alone and address that part in the morning.
4. Below are the products I am currently using: (L to R) Mixed Chicks Hair Silk ($11.99), Mizani True Textures Moisture Stretch ($19.95), spray water bottle ($1.19), and Mizani True Textures Perfect Curl Defining Cream Gel ($17.95).
5. I sleep with a silk scarf or bonnet over my head throughout the night, then in the morning take the Mixed Chicks serum (any moisturizing serum is good), squeeze a little on my fingers and take out one section at a time.
6. I fluff the roots with my fingers to make sure there are no noticeable sections showing. I use the water bottle to spray the sides and back of my hair, and apply the Mizani Moisture Stretch to freshen up that area while finger twisting those curls.
Tip: Don’t play with your hair too much when styling or you could cause extra frizz. But if you’re into that look ….get it girl 🙂
7. All done 🙂