I spotted a genius idea over at The Beauty Department and had to share with my lovely readers.
We’ve all accidentally dropped that foundation palette, eyeshadow quad, or blush pot (all while having a mini heart attack) … praying to the makeup gods that it doesn’t shatter all over the floor! It doesn’t, it just shatters inside the palette … le sigh.
No worries …. here’s how to fix it!
What you’ll need:
-70% alcohol (can be purchased at your local art supply)
-synthetic eyeliner brush
- WRAP IT UP:Completely cover the compact with the plastic wrap and make sure it adheres tightly to contain everything.
- MASH IT UP:With your spatula, crush up the entire pan of shadow, not just the broken pieces. You essentially are turning the pressed powder back into loose powder.
- ADD ALCOHOL:Remove the wrap and add at least 10 droppers full of alcohol. You can add a few droppers full at a time to see how much you need. I used a dozen.
- SMOOTH IT OVER:Now you’ll feel the powder has become sponge-like and very pliable, giving you the perfect opportunity to even it out smoothly with your spatula.
- PERFECT THE EDGES:Use your eyeliner brush to smooth it out even further. Give it a few hours to completely dry and it’s like it never happened! To make it extra pretty, clean up the perimeter with a Q-tip.
You can try it with creamy eye shadows too!
“To revive your dried-out and cracked old cream shadow, apply the same steps except there’s no need to wrap it up or mash it up. Just add alcohol to reactivate it, stir it, smooth it out and perfect the edges. “
Voila … magic!