This is a throwback post of something I wrote and posted on my Tumblr page a couple of years ago. I felt the need to re-repost and share again because I’ve been making a lot of personal changes in my life to build a stronger relationship with God. My spiritual life is important to me because I know what’s its like to live in the dark and I never want to be there again. I love the way I feel when I’m closer to God. Sometimes you have to stop and think about the flow of your journey. Are you stressed out? Lost? Confused? If so, then something’s got to give. If you want peace and direction, then you have to be open to changing some things (and people) in your life. I know now that I have a purpose greater than anything I can imagine, and you should too!
I’ve decided to stop, be patient, and let God lead the way. I want to enjoy my journey to my purpose, and I’ve realized that by letting go and allowing God to lead, is the only way that’s going to happen.
With that being said, I want to share some of the notes I’ve taken in church at previous services. Each of them have given me hope, motivation, inspiration, and faith that everything is happening for a reason and in the end it’s all going to work out in my favor if I just leave it to God. Grab a pen, or your phone …
1. You can’t have a “testimony” before you have a “test”.
2. Mediocrity is just the best of the worst and worst of the best. To launch out into the deep, you must be willing to leave the safety of where you are.
3. Live for something greater than yourself and make an impact on others.
4. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.
5. The reason what you have is all you have, is because that’s all you see yourself having! You have to believe and change your vision past/beyond where you are. Move beyond just having a vision and walk by faith.
6. Plan –> Pray –> Execute. If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.
7. When you’re building something, you just need a few people who have your back. Not the whole in-crowd.
8. When God is working through and on you, don’t tell everyone your business. People will try and talk you out of God’s vision for you.
9. When you are aligned with God, he will bless you with things to see your way through the dark, while others stumble through.
10. Stop accepting partial accomplishments! While you have the passion and the drive, finish it! The enemy doesn’t want you to finish, he will distract you!
11. You have to move from “seeing it” to “seizing it”. Opportunities are only seized by those who are prepared!
My message to you is to walk by faith and follow your dreams. Whatever they are, just go for it! Remember these notes that I shared with you today. Don’t allow anyone to discourage you from going after what God is leading you to do. Sometimes the path to your dreams makes sense and other times the path can appear completely random and unexpected. But I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, and you are exactly where you’re supposed to be right now. Just relax and enjoy the journey. It’s much more peaceful that way … trust.
Have an awesome week, and I hope you will apply just one of these things to your life these next few days and see if it makes a difference for the better. His way is the only way and where you’re going is better than where you’ve been!